To receive occasional, relevant golf and club industry updates from Signature Group, please provide your name and email. We respect your privacy.
- Member Surveys
- Board Retreats
- Long Term, Strategic and Business Plans
- Site, Facility and Renovation Master Planning
- Marketing and Communications Plans
- Membership Development and Activation
- Financial Modeling and Capital Raise
Recent Client News
PGA TOUR Pro Fred Funk Becomes Spokesman For PerfectGolfEvent
PerfectGolfEvent.com, launched in early January as a simple, digital solution for planning charitable and corporate golf events, has retained the services of one of professional golf’s most successful players, Fred Funk.
Funk, a 29-time winner as a professional, including eight times on the PGA TOUR, highlighted by the 2005 Players Championship victory on the famed TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course, has become the spokesperson for the newly formed organization.
“I compete in professional golf events around the world with full-time event organizers who have a large staff,” said Funk, a Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., resident and current Champions Tour member. “Perfect Golf Event provides you with the same tools the professional tournament directors use, including the ability to have an exclusive, customized Web site for your event. You can set it up in minutes and save hours of planning time with tournament-tested resources.”
Funk participated in a promotional video in mid-December on Dye’s Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass and will promote the Web site and provide valuable tips on organizing events throughout the season. Funk played in the PGA TOUR’s Sony Open in Hawaii last week and will participate in the Champions Tour’s Mitsubishi Electric Championship in Hawaii this week.
“With a player of Fred’s status and having played thousands of amateur and professional tournaments in his career, he can share insight that will be of interest to our tournament organizers,” said Paul Courter, the Chief Operating Officer of Perfect Golf Event and a veteran of developing tournament-planning components. “He will not only be a great spokesman but a great resource to refine the quality of services we provide for those new to planning golf events.”
With more than 300,000 non-profit and corporate golf events held annually – and growing – throughout the United States, PerfectGolfEvent.com provides economical, highly efficient one-stop shopping to organizations searching for guidance in planning a successful event and raising more money for their charity.
From PerfectGolfEvent.com, the primary Web site, tournament organizers can establish a free Web site for their own events in just minutes after answering a few quick questions. The no-cost setup is unique as a planning tool. The site allows for escalating tiers of Web site detail and engagement that includes publicity for the event, the ability to track participants and expenses and to add engaging contests such as closest to the pin, long drive and highly valued hole in one prizes.
The basic Web site can be developed at no charge and scales up to $147 for the Premium Version which features sponsor logos, player pairings and the ability to track revenue and expenses all the way to a $397 version that includes unique publicity tools and a four-person shootout and putting contest.
Additionally, Perfect Golf Event offers toll-free telephone support and local support through a network of Golf Event Coaches who can offer solutions on organizing events, selecting the right golf course and event formats, fundraising tips and activities that add to developing a successful event. This attribute, not offered by competitors, comes via a national network of Golf Event Coaches with years of experience in the golf industry.
To learn more about Perfect Golf Event, go to perfectgolfevent.com
- Canadian Henderson upstages birthday girl Ko to lead Classic (Reuters) April 25, 2015Canadian Brooke Henderson upstaged fellow teenager and birthday girl Lydia Ko by firing a tournament record seven-under 65 on Friday to take a two-shot lead at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic. The 17-year-old Henderson, a long hitter who still needs sponsor exemptions to enter tournaments, reeled off six birdies and an eagle to vault to […]
- Golf-Canadian Henderson upstages birthday girl Ko to lead Classic (Reuters) April 25, 2015Canadian Brooke Henderson upstaged fellow teenager and birthday girl Lydia Ko by firing a tournament record seven-under 65 on Friday to take a two-shot lead at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic. The 17-year-old Henderson, a long hitter who still needs sponsor exemptions to enter tournaments, reeled off six birdies and an eagle to vault to […]
- Canadian Henderson shoots tournament record for LPGA lead (The Associated Press) April 25, 2015Brooke Henderson has no photo on the LPGA Tour's website and has to rely on sponsor exemptions to get into tournaments after being denied an age waiver to even play at Q-school. For one day at least, Henderson is the new 17-year-old with serious swagger in women's golf. ''That's pretty cool,'' Henderson said about her […]
- Swafford, Weekley atop Zurich Classic leaderboard (The Associated Press) April 25, 2015Hudson Swafford didn't want to dwell on the pressure of the high-stakes weekend that awaits him. Tied for the Zurich Classic lead after a 6-under 66 on Friday in the suspended second round, the 2011 Georgia graduate was eager to meet some college friends from New Orleans and take advantage of being in Louisiana during […]
- Former Buckeyes teammates Cook, Sindelar top Legends of Golf (The Associated Press) April 24, 2015Former Ohio State teammates John Cook and Joey Sindelar shot a 10-under 60 in better-ball play Friday to take the first-round lead in the Champions Tour's Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf. ''It's pretty special to remain friends for over 30 years after we've been done, 35 years actually,'' Cook said. We kind of pulled […]
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Latest New Orleans Classic leaderboard (Reuters) April 24, 2015April 24 (Infostrada Sports) - Latest leaderboard in the second round from the U.S. PGA Tour New Orleans Classic at the par-72 course on Friday in Avondale, Louisiana holesplayed rounds -11 Boo Weekley (U.S.) 15 64 Hudson Swafford (U.S.) 18 67 66 -10 Cameron Tringale (U.S.) 18 69 65 Brendon De Jonge (Zimbabwe) 18 64 […]
- Quebec Championship removed from Champions Tour schedule (The Associated Press) April 24, 2015PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- The Quebec Championship has been dropped from the Champions Tour schedule. The event was scheduled for Sept. 4-6.
- Swafford one ahead in weather-hit New Orleans (Reuters) April 24, 2015(Reuters) - American Hudson Swafford, who has benefited from a change to his putting stroke over the past month, surged into a one-shot clubhouse lead in the weather-hit Zurich Classic of New Orleans second round on Friday. The 27-year-old, bidding for his first victory on the PGA Tour after competing as a rookie last season, […]